Northwestern Faculty Folio, powered by Interfolio, is designed to help faculty record activities throughout their careers at Northwestern. It is a central location for managing scholarly accomplishments, research, and service in order to support processes that include annual review and promotion and tenure review.
Log in with your NetID at:
Questions? Trouble logging in? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Start Guides
- Step-by-step guide for entering information in Faculty Folio
- Quick Guide for each section in the Faculty Activity Report
- Granting Proxy Access to Faculty Folio
- Detailed Resources for Faculty
- Details on available data integration services
- Attend an Open Lab for 1-on-1 Support?
Navigating Faculty Folio
The primary navigation menu for Interfolio is on the left side of the page.
Home brings you back to the Faculty Folio Homepage.
- Announcements & Help includes links to get support from SoC Faculty Affairs & SoC-IT, as well as knowledge articles and training from the vendor (Interfolio).
- Profile is where you view and load your contact, education, rank, and position information. See the faculty resources page for more information
- Activities is where you record teaching, research, and service-related activities.
- Forms & Reports contains forms or vita supplements that your school needs you to fill out. You can also access here forms you previously submitted for your school.
- Vitas & Biosketches allows you to create and run vitas and biosketches. You can access the ORCID registry here; see the data integration page for more details.
- Find Colleagues is not used by Northwestern University.
- Account Access allows you to delegate access to your account beyond those already allowed by Northwestern Faculty Folio administrators (such as your department chair or the Dean’s Office). This section also displays others’ accounts to which you have access.
Use a preferred browser
Google Chrome works best, but Northwestern Faculty Folio also works with Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge (not Internet Explorer). Northwestern Faculty Folio is compatible with mobile devices, however, it’s recommended that you complete your annual activity report on a desktop or laptop computer.
Clear your browser cache and/or refresh your browser window
If the left-hand menu doesn’t display as you expect it to (or Activities and Profile don’t display at all), try the following:
- Select “Home” (if you see it) in the left-hand navigation. This should refresh the left-hand navigation menu.
- Refresh the page by selecting the “refresh” arrow in your browser.
- Clear your browser cache and/or history, or try using a private browsing/incognito browsing window. If you do clear your cache, be sure to quit out of the browser entirely and restart it again before logging into Faculty Folio.
Submit a support request with SoC Faculty Affairs
Most often, issues with access can be settled at a system administrator within Faculty Affairs. Email your tech issues to email@example.com. SoC Faculty Affairs will escalate support requests to SoC-IT as necessary.